Have you taken a “Selfie” (a close look) at your process for winning in opportunities, accounts and territories lately?
If not, you are leaving money on the table…
- Opportunities that you are not aware of
- Stalled deals that you could move forward
- Accounts you can penetrate deeper to generate new business
- Relationships you could leverage more effectively
- Partners that could help you accelerate your results
What do you need to do?
Review how you manage your opportunities, strategic relationships, accounts and territories.
- Do you have a method for identifying your top opportunities to pursue?
- Do you have a process for assigning the right resources to each of the high-priority opportunities?
- Do you identify, assign and pursue target accounts effectively?
- Does your sales team do a good job of coordinating with internal resources and partners?
- How effectively do you identify, assign and pursue target accounts?
- How well does your sales team coordinate efforts with internal and partner resources?
- Do you create plans that enable you to win and penetrate strategic accounts?
- Do you have plans for increasing market share in each territory and target vertical market?
- Does your sales team review these plans regularly and act on their strategies?
- Are the plans and information readily available (i.e. in a CRM) to enable effective follow up?
- Does the management team use the tools and processes to manage activity to produce results?
- Is sales management using the execution of the plans as an opportunity for coaching?
- Are you using the plans as a source of best practices that raise the entire team’s effectiveness?
- Does everyone have the level of visibility they need to ensure success?
If you answered no to any of these questions, it is time for a sales planning and execution face lift!
Give us a call. The Doctor is in.