“Thanks for what you did last year… now, what have you done for me lately?” Does that sound familiar?
The beginning of the year means a new number to make. This is the time to reflect on the changes in your industry, geography, technology, product offering and competition. It is time for a new plan.
Regardless of how good and knowledgeable you are, a good plan will enable you to make better use of your time and resources and produce better results… as long as you implement it!
A successful approach to account planning includes:
An insightful plan
• Understand the trends
• Develop your strategy
• Determine high leverage:
- Customers to grow
- Target prospects that fit “best customer profile”
- Target prospects in high potential segments
- Partners to work with
• Do the math to determine the dollars, number of accounts, opportunities, etc. required
• Focus on high leverage activities and relationships
• Get input from management
• Act proactively- follow the plan
• Have the plan readily available (i.e. in your Sales Force Automation system)
• Review progress regularly
• Fine tune
Will this help you sell more?
Creating and implementing a plan that focuses on high-potential accounts, opportunities, partners improves sales productivity. According to SiriusDecisions’ Research Brief “Productivity: More than just the Topline,” this provides:
• More Opportunities
• Shorter sales cycles
• Larger deal size
• Higher win rates
It also makes better use of time and resources!
This is the objective of Territory Plan Pro and Account Plan Pro.
Good luck in 2011.Tags: Sales 2.0, sales management, strategic account management, territory planning